The cost of medical treatment and repatriation from North America can be extremely expensive. Our experience leads us to strongly believe that taking out a travel insurance policy to cover your trip is as important as booking the holiday itself. This is why is it is condition of booking that you have a travel insurance policy in place.
Whilst we cannot advise you what travel insurance policy to take out, if you decide to look to the wider market then you should make sure that the policy’s cover is high enough to cover the cost of your trip should you have to cancel or curtail. You should also make sure that the policy has a high enough Medical and Repatriation Expenses sum insured to cover any incident you might suffer. Of course you may have pre-existing medical conditions or be planning on taking part in a hazardous sport or activity during your trip. In both instances you should make sure that the policy covers you for this, as many won’t do so automatically.
Canadian Affair has teamed up with travel insurance specialists, Towergate Underwriting Travel Solutions to offer a travel insurance policy covering holidays taken within North America.
We want you to enjoy your holiday as much as you can. There are lots of exciting possibilities in North America so don’t let your travel insurance hold you back. Should you choose to accept our travel insurance policy offer you can add our policy to your booking once you have selected your transatlantic flight. Please note if you book online you will be contacted by one of our representatives to confirm your details. Your travel insurance policy will only be dispatched when these details have been confirmed.
Please call our holiday sales team for a single trip or annual multi trip (a minimum of one trip must be booked with us to qualify) quote on 0207 616 9184 / 0141 223 7515. Cancellation only cover is also available.
A brief summary of the insurance cover provided is shown below, which also includes a 24-hour emergency service provided by Specialty Assistance Limited. Full details of the cover, terms, conditions and exclusions will be forwarded with your confirmation of booking. In any event you may ask for a specimen copy of the policy wording before booking, should you wish to examine this in advance.
|SINGLE TRIP & ANNUAL MULTI TRIP COVER||MAXIMUM SUM INSURED|
|Cancellation & Curtailment||£5,000|
|Medical & Repatriation Expenses||£10,000,000|
|Luggage & Personal Money||£2,000|
|Loss of Passport||£200|
|Legal Costs & Expenses||£25,000|
There is a £20 Loss of Deposit excess increasing to £65 for Cancellation, Holiday Abandonment, Medical & Repatriation Expenses, Curtailment and Luggage & Personal Money per insured person each and every loss.
|CANCELLATION ONLY COVER||MAXIMUM SUM INSURED|
|Cancellation & Holiday Abandonment||£1,500|
There is a £65 excess per insured person each and every loss.
Policies purchased by Republic of Ireland residents are provided in Euros.
These policies offer cover for all aspects of your trip irrespective of whether you book the non-travel elements independently from Canadian Affair.
If you or anyone else named on this policy has not been a resident in the United Kingdom or the Republic of Ireland for the past 6-months this policy cannot cover you.
You must be able to comply with the following conditions to have the full protection of your policy. If you do not comply we may refuse to deal with any relevant claim or reduce the amount of any relevant claim payment.
You must telephone the medical screening line on 0330 123 3549 if anyone to be covered by this policy, or any person upon whose health the trip depends:
1. Has or has had a medical condition
2. Is taking prescribed medication
3. Has or has had any medical condition still requiring periodic review
4. Is awaiting any tests, treatment, investigation, referral or the results of these.
The medical screening line office hours are Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5.30pm and Saturday 9.00am to 5.00pm excluding Bank Holidays.
If you intend to take part in any sports or hazardous activities not included in your holiday itinerary please call the tour operator with whom you have booked your trip. They will contact Towergate on your behalf to confirm whether the policy can be extended to cover your planned activity or activities. Additional terms and premium may apply.
In addition to the above the policy also contains the following main exclusions:
• Any existing medical conditions unless they have been declared to (where appropriate) and accepted by the insurer.
• Your participation in any organised sports, winter sports or dangerous activities unless they have been declared to and accepted by the insurer.
• Suicide or the wilful exposure to exceptional personal risk.
• You suffering from stress, anxiety, depression or any other mental or nervous disorder unless it has been investigated and diagnosed as such by either a registered mental health professional if you are under the care of a Community Mental Health Team or if not, by a consultant specialising in the relevant field, who must confirm in writing, at your cost, that you are fit enough to take this trip.
• Travel against the advice of the carrier, any other public transport provider, the Foreign Office or the World Health Organisation.
• If you are aged 80-years or over at the date of departure in respect of single trip policies or at the beginning of the period of insurance in respect of annual multi-trip policies.
• The bankruptcy / liquidation of the tour operator, travel agent or transportation company with whom you have booked your trip.
Examples of these and other terms, conditions and restrictions are contained within your policy document. If after purchasing a policy you find it does not meet your requirements, you can cancel the policy within 14 days of receipt of the policy documents.
It is the responsibility of the customer to accurately and fully answer any questions posed by the insurer or Canadian Affair when purchasing any form of insurance. Any wilful misrepresentation, can affect your cover if any later errors are interpreted as being misrepresentation or fraudulent. To avoid any problems, if you are unsure of any aspect of the information provided and that which you have provided, please raise it with Canadian Affair, who will be happy to assist you.
Towergate Underwriting Travel Solutions has arranged the policy with ETI – International Travel Protection (ERV), the UK branch of Europäische Reiseverscherung AG, who are Licensed by the Bundesanstalt für Finanzdienstleistungsaufsicht (BAFIN – www.bafin.de) and approved by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA – www.fca.org.uk) to undertake insurance business in the UK.
The Airline Seat Company Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (their firm reference is 314385) and which is permitted to advise on and arrange general insurance contracts.