When booking your holiday for Canada it is vital that you are protected against unforeseen circumstances, that's why Canadian Affair has teamed up with ETI-International Travel Protection. To offer you piece of mind while in Canada.
For your safety and peace of mind we strongly recommend taking out comprehensive travel insurance when you book your holiday.
Medical treatment in North America can be very expensive, but our insurance policies are designed to help free you from worry, take care of any bills and let you relax. If comparing our policy against those offered by the credit card companies, please bear in mind that their coverage is often only applicable for the journey itself. Medical expenses, cancellation and curtailment (the most often needed) are rarely included.
We have combined our specialist knowledge of Canada with the expertise of insurance underwriter ETI-International Travel Protection, authorised and regulated by the Financial Service Authority.
We want you to enjoy your holiday as much as you can - there are lots of exciting possibilities in Canada so don’t let your travel insurance hold you back. You can add an insurance to your booking once you have selected your transatlantic flight.
Once you have completed the booking process online – you will be contacted by a Canadian representative to confirm your details. The travel insurance will only be dispatched when these details have been confirmed.
For insurance premiums please call our experts for a quotation on 0207 616 9184/0141 223 7515
Cover will cease 17 days after arrival at final destination.
Insurance cover includes:
In a medical emergency
- Medical & Repatriation Expenses: Up to £10,000,000
- Personal Liability: Up to £2,000,000
- Personal Accident: Up to £25,000
- Legal Costs & Expenses: Up to £25,000
- Cancellation & Curtailment: Up to £5,000
- Baggage/Personal Effects: Up to £2,000
- Missed Departure: Up to £800
- Personal Money Up to £500 (Cash Limit £250)
- Travel Delay: Up to £250
- Loss of Passport: Up to £200
In the event of illness or accident which may lead to hospital treatment or curtailment of your holiday contact:
Medical Assistance Service : +44 (0) 20 7902 7405
State that you have a Canadian Affair Policy.
In the event of a claim
When you return, contact the claims adjuster who is:
Towergate Chase Parkinson
P.O. Box 416
Telephone: 0844 892 1697
Fax: 0844 892 1699
A claim form will be forwarded to you for completion. Return it with original supporting documents including validation certificates and, where applicable, a doctor's certificate, receipt in evidence of ownership, repair estimates, Police Report, together with the original booking invoice. Full details of what is required as evidence to support your claim is detailed in the policy wording, otherwise you can call Inter-group on the number above ad they will advise what you need to do.
Pre-Existing Health Conditions
If you or a travelling companion wish to be considered for cover for a pre-existing medical condition, you must contact our medical screening line on 0330 123 3549. You will be advised whether or not any special terms will be required, this could include an additional charge in order to provide cover for your pre-existing medical condition. Please note, if you do not wish to pay the additional premium for your travel insurance to include cover for your pre-existing medical conditions - you will NOT be covered by any aspect of the travel insurance policy. Once you have been in contact with the medical screening line you will need to contact Canadian Affair with regards to the medical screening reference (only when payment has been made).
A pre-existing medical condition is defined as:
Failure to do so may invalidate the policy, making any future claims null and void.
- A cancer or a heart related condition that you are suffering from or have suffered from in the past.
- A medical condition for which you have been prescribed medication, whether you are taking it or not;
- Any condition for which you are currently under or awaiting an investigation by any registered medical practitioner;
14-Day cooling off period
When you take out an insurance policy – you have 14 days in which to ensure that the coverage is suitable for your needs. If at this time you wish to cancel the policy you may do so providing you have not made a claim and have not commenced travel.
Please call our experts on 0207 616 9184/ 0141 223 7515, to discuss other travel insurance policies available:
- Single Trip Policy - *Prices vary for adults over 65 years of age. 2-18 years old – only applicable when an Adult insurance is purchased – please call for a quote for any child only Insurance – adult prices apply an additional payment will be required after booking. Infants under 2 years are free when Adult insurance purchased. Please call for any winter sports cover.
- Annual Worldwide Policy - *Maximum age is 64 years of age. Maximum of 42 days for any one trip at a time (trip has to be less than 42 days duration to qualify / 22 days for any winter sports trip. A minimum of one trip to be booked through Canadian Affair to qualify.
- Cancellation Policy - *Prices vary for adults over 65 years of age – please call for a quote.
Updated 8th July 2015