Careers at Canadian Affair
Customer Service Advisor
We have a vacancy within our Customer Service department for a Customer Service Advisor who will form a key part of our busy team. The vacancy is based on part time hours, covering Evenings and Weekends.
Duties of the Customer Service Advisor include following up on customer emails and letters by phone to resolve complaints, written letters responding to complaints, answering calls from passengers who wish to discuss their complaint, providing customer support on post travel enquiries or for pre flight assistance, providing information and assisting reservations agents to provide customers with the right information.
This role requires excellent customer service, excellent written and verbal communication skills and the desire and passion to be helpful at all times.
- Handling customer enquiries and ensure all calls are logged.
- Replying to complaints via email and letter.
- Completing admin and updating records.
- Communicating with other departments: admin, finance, airport and sales.
- Reporting trends and common complaints to avoid repetition.
- To help customers resolve issues and to protect the brands.
- Working in line with company standards, terms & conditions and ABTA code of conduct and ATOL license.
- Enhancing customer experience of our company.
- Being part of a close team to achieve targets and meet Key performance indicators (KPI’s)
Skills / Experience / Requirements:
- Proven background of dealing with customers face to face or over the telephone.
- Good working knowledge of computers and operating systems.
- Experience in handling difficult conversations over the telephone.
- Excellent communication and written skills.
- Good time management and working to deadlines.
- Good decision making skills, intuitive and compassionate without being influenced.
- Strong team player.
- Naturally positive, upbeat with a professional manner and tone.
- Remain calm under pressure.
Training is provided with continued support along the way; however applicants must have experience of working in a Customer Service environment and be able to demonstrate both excellent verbal and written communications skills. Experience of the travel industry is not essential.
Glasgow: Applicants must be able to work evening and weekends (call centre hours 8am – 9pm Monday-Friday, 9am – 6pm Saturday & 10am – 5pm Sunday).
The role will report to the Customer Service Manager.
Successful applicants will be invited to attend an interview where they will undertake test calls and a written Customer Service test along with bringing experience of written customer complaint letters.
Please e-mail your CV and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Canadian Affair is the UK’s largest Tour Operator to Canada selling flights and tailor-made holidays. Since it was founded in 1995, Canadian Affair has flown over one million passengers to Canada. Canadian Affair is owned by the Transat Group which is based in Montreal, Canada. Canadian Affair has two offices in the UK, one in London and one in Glasgow. Canadian Affair also operates in Ireland as canadianaffair.ie and in Canada as canadianaffair.ca.
Business Support Assistant
A fantastic opportunity has arisen within the busy administration department for a Business support assistant. This post will suit an individual who has essential office skills in a dynamic and busy environment. This isn’t your average admin role, giving you the opportunity to expand and develop your skills within the travel industry.
The position is based at the head office in London, offering 1-1 training with continued support along the way. Experience within the travel industry is not essential.
- Booking & confirming all land components of a holiday – hotels, villas, cars, fly drives, tours, etc.
- Liaising with suppliers in Canada/UK on a day to day basis – booking, amending & chasing confirmations.
- Invoice checking all the bookings made for passengers/agents before despatch.
- Preparing passengers travel documents – issuing flight e-tkts, hotel, car & tour vouchers.
- Resolving any administrative problems and inquiries.
- Working through internal and external emails.
- Issuing/Reissuing/Refunding air tickets on Galileo.
- Running reports to ensure all documents have been despatched on time.
- Preparing brochure requests.
- Greet and assist visitors in a courteous manner.
- Preparing & processing the post daily.
- Provide support to the reservations department by answering questions and helping with requests where necessary.
Skills / Experience / Requirements:
- Problem solver
- Attention to detail
- Flexible & adaptable
- Team player
- Self motivated and to be able to take lead
- Excellent communication skills - written and verbal
Importantly we are looking for individuals with drive and the desire to excel.
Applicants must be able to work one late shift a week/ two weekend days within a month (Sat or Sun). The salary is £19,000 P/A.
Please e-mail your CV and covering letter for the attention of Reshma Madhaparia to email@example.com
Reservations Travel Consultant
Canadian Affair are the UK’s leading Tour operator, specialising in tailor made holidays to Canada. We are looking for experienced full time reservations travel consultants with a passion for selling holidays. Based at our offices in London and Glasgow , the successful candidate will need a flair for selling & a passion for the travel Industry. They must be willing to work hard & thrive in a target driven environment.
- Sell tailor-made holidays including flights, hotels & ancillary products via telephone & email
- Exceed sales targets
- Maintain high standard of Customer Service
- Deliver on performance objectives
- Achieve outbound up-sell call target for ancillary sales
- Service existing bookings as required including, but not limited to, carrying out amendments, providing information on relevant charges, confirm bookings and adding additional content.
- Become fully knowledgeable about the products, destinations and services offered.
- Take responsibility to resolve problems ensuring that issues are followed through and escalated if necessary.
Skills / Experience / Requirements:
- Sales orientated and motivated with relevant sales experience within the travel industry
- Strong geographical and product knowledge of Canada & US
- Experience of tailor making itineraries to Canada & US.
- The ability to prioritise workload, demonstrating good organisational skills.
- Working knowledge of a GDS ideally Galileo
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
The Shift patterns are varied from 08.30-17.00, 09.00-17.30 and 12.30-21.00 on weekdays and 09.00-18.00 and 10.00-17.00 on weekends and bank holidays.
We offer a competitive salary, with commission and an excellent benefits package. Full training will be provided.
For London opportunities please email your CV and covering letter for the attention of Tanya Lloussi Tanya.Lloussi@canadianaffair.com
For Glasgow opportunities please email your CV and covering letter for the attention of Lorna Harrold Lorna.Harrold@canadianaffair.com