Moose Viewing at Matane Wildlife Reserve fr CALLpp
Matane, Quebec - 2 nights/3 days
Venture into Quebec’s beautiful forested landscape for this three-day moose-viewing adventure. You’ll travel independently to Matane, located 440 km from Quebec City, where you’ll be accommodated in a comfortable cabin situated on the beautiful La Reserve faunique de Matane wildlife reserve. The area is home to the greatest concentration of moose in the province and several guided moose viewing excursions take advantage of areas most commonly frequented by these shy creatures. See Canada’s magnificent antlered giants as they roam freely in their natural forest home!
Moose Viewing at Matane Wildlife Reserve Dates
|Departure dates:||Daily throughout Jun 27-Aug 25 2014|
Moose Viewing at Matane Wildlife Reserve Itinerary
Arrive in Matane
After arriving independently in Matane, and checking in at the reception of the wildlife reserve before 15:00 at the latest, you’ll be directed to your cabin, spectacularly located in La Reserve faunique de Matane. At 18:00 you’ll depart on the first nocturnal fauna viewing excursions. Spend the night in a cabin in Matane.
Moose viewing in Matane
This morning you’ll tour the Moose Interpretation Centre where you’ll learn the distinctive features and traits of this regal forest-dweller. A local guide will then accompany you to a series of locations in which area moose are known to congregate. Hike through a moose yard and visit the wet environment of a peat bog, in the hope of spotting a gathering of these large mammals. In the afternoon, participate in a unique, guided moose watching session as you kayak through tranquil waterways in search of moose feeding along the shoreline. Spend the night in a cabin in Matane.
End of package
Enjoy your last morning in this wonderful wilderness setting before packing and departing.
- Accommodation for 2 nights in a cabin at Matane (equipped with propane powered lighting systems, water heaters, stoves and refrigerators, wood-burning stove and firewood; shared bathroom facilities)
- Moose viewing excursion on Day 1 and Day 2
- Tour of Moose Interpretation Centre
- Moose habitat hike
- Peat bog visit (an area with saturated ground vegetation)
- 2 to 3 hour guided moose watching by kayak
- All equipment needed to participate in included activities
- All necessary equipment / kitchen utensils needed for meal preparation
- Meals, unless otherwise specified, available upon request
Call us to book on
0207 616 9184 (London) / 0141 223 7517 (Glasgow)