Moose Viewing at Matane Wildlife Reserve Prices
|Date||Twin||Triple||Quad||Single||Child (12 - 17)|
|27 Jun 14 - 25 Aug 14||£245||£189||£165||£389||£47|
Moose Viewing at Matane Wildlife Reserve Dates
|Departure dates:||Daily throughout Jun 27-Aug 25 2014|
Moose Viewing at Matane Wildlife Reserve Itinerary
Arrive in Matane
After arriving independently in Matane, and checking in at the reception of the wildlife reserve before 15:00 at the latest, you’ll be directed to your cabin, spectacularly located in La Reserve faunique de Matane. At 18:00 you’ll depart on the first nocturnal fauna viewing excursions. Spend the night in a cabin in Matane.
Moose viewing in Matane
This morning you’ll tour the Moose Interpretation Centre where you’ll learn the distinctive features and traits of this regal forest-dweller. A local guide will then accompany you to a series of locations in which area moose are known to congregate. Hike through a moose yard and visit the wet environment of a peat bog, in the hope of spotting a gathering of these large mammals. In the afternoon, participate in a unique, guided moose watching session as you kayak through tranquil waterways in search of moose feeding along the shoreline. Spend the night in a cabin in Matane.
End of package
Enjoy your last morning in this wonderful wilderness setting before packing and departing.
- Accommodation for 2 nights in a cabin at Matane (equipped with propane powered lighting systems, water heaters, stoves and refrigerators, wood-burning stove and firewood; shared bathroom facilities)
- Moose viewing excursion on Day 1 and Day 2
- Tour of Moose Interpretation Centre
- Moose habitat hike
- Peat bog visit (an area with saturated ground vegetation)
- 2 to 3 hour guided moose watching by kayak
- All equipment needed to participate in included activities
- All necessary equipment / kitchen utensils needed for meal preparation
- Meals, unless otherwise specified, available upon request
Call us to book on
0207 616 9184 (London) / 0141 223 7517 (Glasgow)