Careers at Canadian Affair
Canadian Affair is the leading tour operator selling tailor made packages to Canada. Want to be the best in the travel industry? We are!
So if you are looking to join one of the youngest, most dynamic hard working teams, then read on.
With an average age of 28, over 80 staff across 2 fabulous offices locations: Paddington in London & Glasgow City Centre, you'll not only enjoy what you do but also love where you work.
We have a passion for Canada, selling, being the very best as well as enjoying our jobs. Canadian Affair knows how to look after its staff, so you'll enjoy a great salary and benefits package that includes staff travel, contributory pension scheme and private health care and progression is always possible, as is the ability to move around our different office locations.
As highlighted in the Plimsoll Portfolio Analysis of the top 1500 travel companies Canadian Affair are ranked as follows:
- • Sales/employee 4th place
- • Remuneration/employee 8th place
- • Sales growth 29th place
- • Pre tax profits 30th place
- • Overall Canadian Affair are among the top 50 companies listed as best trading partner.
So think you fit the bill? Want a new challenge? Are prepared to work hard and reap the benefits? Then send us your CV to (careersUK@transat.com) and perhaps you could be joining our dedicated team soon!
Please note that due to the anticipated high level of demand it may not be possible to respond to all applications.
Our offer to you:
Realistic earnings potential of £37.5K+ (uncapped commission), in addition to excellent pension scheme, private health insurance, a superb staff travel programme (starting with up-to 2 confirmed flight tickets after 1 year of service; unlimited stand-by flight tickets after 6 months service; heavy discounting on hotels, tours, cruises, all-inclusive packages etc) and much more. Homeworking an option.
- • We are looking for experienced full-time passionate sellers with excellent knowledge of both Canada & the US.
- • The successful candidate will have a flair for selling and inspiring a dream in their customers.
- • They must be willing to work hard, be a proven team player and very self-motivated with the experience of delivering their targets in a challenging travel industry.
- • They will be experienced in handling customer requirements whilst still able to stay motivated to sell.
- • You need to be organised and able to manage your own diary day to day, always putting your customer first.
- • Able to learn quickly, use initiative and respond well to feedback.
- • To be inspired by the customer’s ideas for what they want from their holiday and to be able to translate that into an actual recommendation for a holiday;
- • To be passionate on every call about the brand and the product we sell;
- • To be able to build rapport on every call and see every call as an opportunity for you and your customer;
- • An understanding of selling principles and to be able to close the deal;
- • To be focused and driven to achieve targets;
- • To maintain a positive mind-set to overcome challenges and barriers to selling;
- • To fulfil admin duties aligned to the sales role.
Skills ⁄ Experience ⁄ Requirements:
- • Strong selling skills
- • High achiever
- • Strong customer service
- • Strong influencing skills with the ability to persuade the customer to buy
- • Pro-active and able to manage own workload effectively
- • Able to communicate confidently and enthusiastically (both verbally and in writing)
- • Agile and open to change at short notice
- • Able to work well under pressure
- • Attention to detail
- • Strong numeracy
- • Strong IT ⁄ Systems skills and experience, and experience of travel and GDS booking systems (preferably Galileo)
- • Able to multitask
- • Experienced seller of holidays
- • Passionate about Canada & the US
- • Experience in the contact centre environment required
- • Excellent organisational skills
- • An ability to cope with potentially conflicting demands
Shift pattern, 37.5 hr working week. Mon – Fri, shift patterns 09:00 - 17:30hrs or 10:00 – 18:30hrs; Sat – 10:00-16:00hrs (every 3rd Saturday).
To apply: Please email your CV to: email@example.com
Quality Assurance Analyst
Department: Call Centre
Hours: Monday – Friday, 9am – 5.30pm
Holidays: 28 days (Including Bank Holidays)
Salary: Dependent on experience
Deadline for application: 18th October 2021
The Quality Assurance Analyst (QA) is responsible for assessing the quality of the performance of our call centre sale agents who deal with our existing and potential customer. The QA will monitor inbound and outbound calls and emails responses to assess our teams professionalism, technical accuracy, customer service performance, and conformity to company policies and procedures. This individual will assist in developing, creating and implementing call centre quality processes and procedures; as well as making recommendation for enhancements to training materials as needed to enhance the overall Canadian Affair’s customer’s experience.
- • Participates in design of call monitoring formats and quality standards.
- • Performs call monitoring and provides trend data to management team.
- • Uses quality monitoring data to compile and track performance at team and individual level.
- • Performs monitors of customer email responses.
- • Participates in customer and client listening programs to identify customer needs and expectations.
- • Provides actionable data to various internal support groups as needed.
- • Coordinates and ensures full handover of data for call calibration sessions for call centre staff.
- • Provides feedback to call centre team leaders and managers.
- • Prepares and analyses internal and external quality reports for management staff review.
- • Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, skill set & qualifications required
- • 2-3 years Call Centre Experience;
- • Degree a plus;
- • Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills;
- • Outstanding customer service skills and dedication to providing exceptional customer care;
- • Must be self-motivator and self-starter;
- • Focus on quality and customer service;
- • Exceptional listening and analytical skills;
- • Solid time management skills;
- • Must be able to effectively deal with people at all levels inside and outside of the Company;
- • Creative ability & writing proficiency;
- • Ability to multitask and successfully operate in a fast paced, team environment;
- • Must adapt well to change and successfully set and adjust priorities as needed;
- • Must be proficient with Microsoft Office (intermediate Word, basic Excel).
To apply: Please email your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org