Careers at Canadian Affair
Canadian Affair is the leading tour operator selling tailor made packages to Canada. Want to be the best in the travel industry? We are!
So if you are looking to join one of the youngest, most dynamic hard working teams, then read on.
With an average age of 28, over 80 staff across 2 fabulous offices locations: Notting Hill Gate London & Glasgow City centre, you'll not only enjoy what you do but also love where you work.
We have a passion for Canada, selling, being the very best as well as enjoying our jobs. Canadian Affair knows how to look after its staff, so you'll enjoy a great salary and benefits package that includes staff travel, contributory pension scheme and private health care and progression is always possible, as is the ability to move around our different office locations.
As highlighted in the Plimsoll Portfolio Analysis of the top 1500 travel companies Canadian Affair are ranked as follows:
- • Sales/employee 4th place
- • Remuneration/employee 8th place
- • Sales growth 29th place
- • Pre tax profits 30th place
- • Overall Canadian Affair are among the top 50 companies listed as best trading partner.
So think you fit the bill? Want a new challenge? Are prepared to work hard and reap the benefits? Then send us your CV to (careersUK@transat.com) and perhaps you could be joining our dedicated team soon!
Please note that due to the anticipated high level of demand it may not be possible to respond to all applications.
Commercial Director UK & IRL, Air Transat
An excellent opportunity has arisen for an experienced sales/marketing/commercial professional to join our UK & IRL team as Commercial Director, Air Transat. Reporting into the Vice President Commercial, Air Transat, you will be responsible for leading a small team of circa. 10 and maximising airline revenues in the UK and Ireland across all distribution channels.
• Sales and marketing strategy – Responsible for the creation and implementation of the UK/EI sales and marketing strategy to ensure alignment with Air Transat’s strategy
• Revenue maximisation – Manage sales and distribution channels to maximize revenues and load factor
• Air Transat representation – act as a public face of the company in relevant markets, maintain and develop relations with clients, partners and institutions
• Budget management – Contribute to the preparation of functional/departmental budgets to ensure alignment with the approved general budget
• People development – Manage the effective achievement of objectives by setting individual targets, developing and motivating staff in order to maximize subordinate performance
• Coordination – Supervision of the office administrative functions
• Substantial experience in the airline industry, at least 5 at a management level
• Track record of exceeding targets within sales and distribution context
• A sound understanding of marketing (including digital), brand development and revenue management
• Inspirational people leadership skills, a track record of getting the best out of teams and managing remote workers
• Financially and commercially astute
• Excellent negotiation, communication and interpersonal skills
• University degree in relevant field such as transport management, sales, marketing or business
To apply: Please e-mail your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Canadian Affair is the UK’s largest Tour Operator to Canada. We are looking for an accomplished Product Executive to join our expanding product team. Based at our Head office in London, it would be advantageous for the successful candidate to have experience within a product or sales team. They must be willing to work independently in a fast paced, forward thinking environment.
Scope of work
The role requires product & price analysis, supplier contract loading & auditing, selling system & web content management & maintaining relationships with internal departments & suppliers.
• Updating all product information on our in-house system ensuring prices and inventory are loaded in a timely fashion.
• Analyse competitor’s products & pricing to ensure we offer the best product & price proposition.
• Help develop new products and review/change/update existing products.
• Ensure all products are correctly displayed and bookable on line. Updating product information for the website on our inhouse content management system.
• Manage day to day queries and general communication with suppliers & internal customers.
• Help plan & execute strategies to maximise sales and margin across the product range.
• Provide the product content and pricing for marketing material and tactical marketing campaigns.
• Communicate all product offers to the marketing and sales team.
• Communicate product changes and any product issues during the season to the rest of the business.
• Develop sales tactics with the marketing team.
• Co-ordinate product training for sales staff including familiarisation trips.
• Work closely with the Finance team to ensure proper set up of all payment terms for suppliers.
• Assist the Customer Service team on any land product customer issues, liaising with suppliers.
• Excellent written and oral communications skills
• Strong team player
• Superb decision maker
• Ability to develop & maintain strong relationships and work with all internal departments and external suppliers
• Strong problem solving and analytical thinking skills
• Ability to work effectively under pressure, react quickly and meet tight deadlines
• Advanced level of Microsoft Excel & Word
Successful candidates will benefit from full training an excellent benefits package and a rewarding working environment.
Your normal hours of work are 09:00 to 17:30 Monday to Friday.
Please email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com.
Ticketing & Facilities Assistant
As a Ticketing & Facilities Assistant you will be central to the smooth running of the department and be expected to provide a broad range of support activities. If you thrive under pressure and enjoy working in a fast paced environment we are the company and department for you.
• Ticketing, Issuing / Reissuing / Refunds tickets in Galileo
• Run and manage reports
• Issuing clients documentation i.e. car vouchers, transfers, excursions, cruise etc
• Calling clients for insurance details
• Despatch schedule change documentation
• Resolve in-house booking queries
• Quality Control - Sense check bookings
• Brochure Reports including despatch and returns
• Data base entry
• Work closely with the operations, ground and product department
• Booking and confirming ground components
• Day to day control/upkeep of office materials and supplies
• Arranging the daily mail for collection
• To be a main point of call for any building facility requirements
• To assist in the smooth running of all internal meetings, to include but not limited to greeting visitors, setting up refreshments etc
- Support in the adherence and delivery of company Health & Safety policy and procedures
• Excellent working knowledge of Galileo
• A strong work ethic and willingness to go “above and beyond”
• Ability to work with a team and cooperate with others to achieve team objectives.
• Thrive working within a fast paced environment
• Excellent attention to detail
• Excellent communication skills at all levels
• Exceptional customer service skills as some passenger contact will be required
• Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise
• Able to work autonomously at times and as part of a team
• Ability to multi task and work well under pressure to meet tight deadlines
• Self-Motivated with a solution based mind-set
• Shift work will be required – Shift times 0830-1700, 0900-1730 and 1230-2100. Two weekend days work will also be required on a rotational basis.
To apply: Please e-mail your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org