There is more to the State of New York than simply its namesake city. If you've come for the famous Big Apple, you won't be disappointed by the non-stop bustle and bright lights of this fantastic city. But if you explore further you'll find the tranquil vineyards of the Finger Lakes, spectacular thundering Niagara Falls, sparkling beaches of Long Island and the moody peaks of the Adirondack Mountains.
Watch nature come to life in spring and enjoy a world of exploring and fun for the whole family in the summer. Experience Mother Nature’s spectacular display of brilliant colors during fall and enjoy skiing or snowboarding in the winter. Whichever season you choose to visit New York State, there are countless activities to do and fun for everyone to join in.
Things to do
Browse our amazing range of holidays in New York State
Popular New York State holiday ideas
Intercontinental Times Square
In the heart of the action, the Intercontinental New York provides a calm, luxurious retreat from the exciting bustle of Times Square.
Le Parker Meridien
Le Parker Meridien is a luxury hotel with an impressively elegant lobby boasting marble pillars and soaring ceilings.
Rooms are contemporary...see more
The Millennium Broadway is a luxurious hotel with a fantastic location in the heart of Manhattan, overlooking Times Square.
Rooms are elegant...see more
Paramount New York
In the midst of the busy theatre district, The Paramount Hotel is a striking, ornate hotel with a modern, elegant interior.
Rooms are contemporary...see more
Row New York City
Super-stylish with a fantastic location, Row is an excellent value hotel for your stay in the city.
Rooms are fresh and modern with splashes...see more
Sheraton Times Square
The Sheraton Times Square is a plush and sophisticated hotel which enjoys a great location in the heart of the city, lying between Central Park and...see more
The Skyline Hotel is a good hotel with excellent amenities, situated in the trendy Hell’s Kitchen district - known for its many top restaurants...see more
The Excelsior Hotel New York
The Excelsior Hotel is a grand and elegant hotel, with a fantastic location opposite the American Museum of Natural History, beside Central Park.
The Manhattan at Times Square
The Manhattan is a good hotel with an excellent location in the city, within walking distance of many attractions and just steps from the vibrant Times...see more
The Muse Hotel
The Muse Hotel is a stylish and modern hotel with a great central location, just steps from the best shopping and entertainment in the city.
Warwick New York
A grand and elegant hotel, The Warwick New York has a rich history with many famous residents including Cary Grant and Elvis, and is a welcome retreat...see more
Top tips for visiting New York State
Top Tip 1
• Goat Island is the place to go to for some of the best and closest views of Niagara Falls. As a part of Niagara Falls State Park, it is a great place to walk around and witness the fury of the water. Ride the Niagara Scenic Trolley to the southwestern extremity of the island, called Terrapin Point, and slowly meander back by following the path along the river. In fact, the walking trail does a loop all around the island. There are two bridges connecting Goat Island to the mainland and you can walk across both of them.
Top Tip 2
• New York is a shopper's paradise. The Hamptons is where celebrities shop in stylish boutiques, while Chautauqua-Allegheny's country stores sell handmade Amish quilts and furniture. From the designer outlets at Woodbury common to the antique shops and galleries in historic Hudson, whether you want it, need it, or just have to have it, this is the place to find anything you're looking for.
Top Tip 3
• A vibrant art scene stretches across the state, from the Parrish Art Museum on Long Island to the Chautauqua Institution out west, with New York City as its centrepiece. Whether you prefer ancient art, cutting-edge or something in between, New York State has a museum to suit your taste.
Top Tip 4
• Practice swirling your wine glass because if you're coming to New York, you should expect to do a lot of it. The right combination of climate and geography makes New York perfect for growing grapes. More than 35 different varieties across the state with more than 40 wineries on the North Fork means you can find Palmer Vineyards, an international-medal winner, and Bedell Cellars, one of the world’s up-and-coming stars. In the Hamptons, on the South Fork, visit Channing Daughters Winery to taste their artisanal wines. The Tuscan architecture at Wolffer Estate also pairs well with both whites and reds. Just make sure you have a designated driver!
Top Tip 5
• New York State is a great destination for cycling. Whether it's a leisurely cycling holiday through the rolling hills of the Finger Lakes with its many wineries, or a demanding cycling event such as the Tour of the Battenkill, there are a vast array of experiences across the State suitable for all.
Top Tip 6
• If you're into skiing, you can hit the slopes at any one of New York's many ski areas. There are over 50 downhill ski areas around the state, more than any other state in the U.S. You can choose from day or weekend trips for quick thrills or longer winter stays near prime ski runs.