Careers at Canadian Affair
Canadian Affair is the leading tour operator selling tailor made packages to Canada. Want to be the best in the travel industry? We are!
So if you are looking to join one of the youngest, most dynamic hard working teams, then read on.
With an average age of 28, over 60 staff across 3 fabulous offices locations: Notting Hill Gate London, Glasgow City centre and downtown Montréal, you'll not only enjoy what you do but also love where you work.
We have a passion for Canada, selling, being the very best as well as enjoying our jobs. Canadian Affair knows how to look after its staff, so you'll enjoy a great salary and benefits package that includes staff travel, contributory pension scheme and private health care and progression is always possible, as is the ability to move around our different office locations.
As highlighted in the Plimpsoll Portfolio Analysis of the top 1500 travel companies Canadian Affair are ranked as follows:
- Sales/employee 4th place
- Remuneration/employee 8th place
- Sales growth 29th place
- Pre tax profits 30th place
Overall Canadian Affair are among the top 50 companies listed as best trading partner.
So think you fit the bill? Want a new challenge? Are prepared to work hard and reap the benefits? Then send us your CV and perhaps you could be joining our dedicated team soon!
North America Product Manager
Canadian Affair is the UK's largest Tour Operator to Canada. We are looking for an accomplished Product Manager to drive our North America product development and holiday product portfolio. Based at our Head office in London, the successful candidate will need a proven track record for managing an entire product portfolio especially in the North America market. They must be willing to work independently in a fast paced, forward thinking environment.
- Reporting into the Product Director, managing the entire product range and contracting cycle from strategic planning, contracting, analytics and tactical activities.
- Negotiate industry leading rates across all products.
- Maintain key relationships with all suppliers and develop new suppliers.
- Co-ordinate product training for sales staff including familiarisation trips.
- Analyse competitor's products & pricing to ensure we have the best prices.
- Develop new products and review/change/update existing products.
- Represent the business at conferences, trade fairs and networking events.
- Responsible for the Product Executive, their objectives and personal development plan.
- Manage the Product Executive to ensure all products are bookable and at the right prices.
- Maximise sales and margin potential across the product range.
- Working with the Product Director set the annual sales targets for the product ranges.
- Work closely with the Finance team to ensure proper set up of contractual & payment terms.
- Ensure all products are correctly displayed and bookable on line. Develop sales tactics with the marketing team.
- Liaise with Sales, Marketing & Customer Service team to ensure our products are the correct fit for our passengers.
- Source partnership opportunities for joint marketing ventures with suppliers, working alongside the Marketing team.
- Provide the product content and pricing for brochure production and tactical marketing campaigns.
- Communicate all product offers to the marketing and sales team.
- Communicate product changes and any product issues during the season.
- Exceptional & proven track record in product buying/negotiation/contracting skills.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Strong team working and management qualities. Having a track record in managing people is essential.
- Superb decision maker.
- Ability to develop & maintain strong relationships and work with the Senior Management team.
- Strong product management, problem solving and analytical thinking skills.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, react quickly and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to manage and set budgets.
- Advance level of Microsoft Excel & Word
Please e-mail your CV and covering letter for the attention of Lee McCrossan to Lee.McCrossan@canadianaffair.com
We have been established for over 19 years and are an industry leading, award winning, highly profitable and growing company. Demand to work for us is always extremely high so only successful applicants will be contacted.
Our Airport Representatives are the best in the business. As one of our team you will be an ambassador of our brand, central to the smooth running of the airport landside operation. If you thrive under pressure and enjoy working in a fast paced environment we are the company for you.
- Pre-flight preparation.
- Post-flight reconciliation.
- Ticket/documentation issuing.
- Customer service.
- Maintaining strong working relationships with handling agents, airline partners and airport staff.
- Problem solving.
- Management of group overbooking procedure.
- Admin duties.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Sales skills and confidence in face-to-face selling and working to targets.
- Experience of working in a customer facing role.
- History of working for an Airline, Tour Operator or Handling Agent would be beneficial.
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure.
- Experience of dealing with overbookings.
- IT literate. In particular a good knowledge of Excel.
- Ability to think and act quickly.
- Familiarity with a CRS would be beneficial.
- Weekend work and early starts are required.
We have the following positions available:
- London Gatwick: 30+ hrs per week - £9p/h
- London Gatwick: 20+ hrs per week - £9p/h
- Glasgow: 16hrs+ per week - £9p/h
Successful candidates will benefit from full training, a rewarding working environment.
All contracts are Seasonal and subject to a probationary period and satisfactory references.
Please e-mail your CV and covering letter for the attention of David Savage to firstname.lastname@example.org
Reservations Travel Consultant
We are currently looking to recruit experienced travel consultants with a passion for Canada in our London and Glasgow offices.
Through your own knowledge and recommendations you will be responsible for tailor-making holidays to Canada as well as selling flight seats.
The successful applicant must be self motivated, enthusiastic, flexible, and have a passion for selling.
Please send your CV to Tanya Lloussi at email@example.com
Administration and Ticketing Agent
We are currently looking for an administration and ticketing agent to work in our busy Notting Hill office in London.
You will be responsible for a variety of duties including preparing and checking all client documentation from the invoicing to the travel documentation stage. As well as issuing schedule airline tickets, booking land components, preparing all mail for despatch and basic administrative duties.
We operate Monday to Friday 8.30am-7.30pm and Saturday and Sunday 9am-5.30pm. Your role will involve working Monday to Friday as well as 1 full weekend per month.
Successful candidates will have previous experience of working in a fast paced environment and working to strict deadlines. Other essential attributes include good written and numeracy skills, problem solving and organisational skills, as well as the ability to work within a team along with prioritising personal workload.
We offer the opportunity of being part of a vibrant company, as well as an excellent salary and benefits package.
Please send your CV to Reshma Madhaparia at firstname.lastname@example.org