Electronic Travel Authorisation (eTA)

Certain visitors flying into Canada now require an Electronic Travel Authorisation (eTA).

If you do not normally require a visa to enter Canada (e.g. British Citizens), you will need to get an eTA. Visit the list of eTA-required countries here. Some exemptions will apply e.g. US citizens and visitors with a valid Visa.

What is an eTA?

eTA is a new entry requirement for visa-exempt foreign nationals travelling to Canada by air. It will allow Canada to screen travellers before they arrive. The authorization is electronically linked to your passport and is valid for five years or until your passport expires, whichever comes first.

Therefore, you must travel with the passport that you applied for your eTA with. You can enter Canada as many times within the validity of the eTA for this one fee.

• Visitors simply apply online in a process that takes just a few minutes. All you need is your passport, a credit card, access to the internet and an email address.

• In most cases, the eTA will be granted within minutes of applying.

• The cost to apply for an eTA is $7 (CAD) per person which is paid at the time of application.

• Get your eTA by visiting Canada.ca/eta  

Applying for an eTA in advance of travelling to Canada is the sole responsibility of the passenger, and Canadian Affair cannot apply for this on behalf of any passengers. Passengers wishing to fly must have applied and been granted their eTA before they board their flight.

You can find more information including a short video here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/eta-facts-en.asp

We look forward to helping you on your way to Canada!

Our website uses cookies to enhance your user experience, by clicking ‘accept’ you agree to our use of these. To find out more, please read our Cookie Policy.